March 24, 2008

Current Cravings... (Part 1)

Being away from the motherland this long, sooner or later one will definitely develop cravings for the local made-in-Malaysia dishes. And here are my top 5 (for now at least *wink wink*) :-


1. Nasi Ayam (Chicken Rice) - Especially the one that my grandma used to make.... yummmmmm...... I could probably make this here but due to the fact that the sweet soya sauce (kicap cap kipas) which is used to marinate the chicken is not available here and my stock is very precious and limited, I'm kind of hesitant to use it all up in one go. Kedekutnya, hehehe...






2. Soto Ayam (Chicken soup with pressed steamed rice) - Hearty chicken broth with spices served with pressed compact rice, potato meatballs and condiments in the cold rainy weather...what's not good about that?








3. Laksa Assam/Penang - The sourness, the spicyness, the tangyness, and the fishiness... and have it with a serving of shrimp paste....oh my....











4. Halal KFC - Hot & Spicy, the way I like it! Sehingga menjilat jari... :P










5. Air Kelapa Muda (Fresh Coconut Juice) - Darn refreshing this one is...my all-time favourite refreshment.











to be continued.... :))

n.b. Am definitely going to Carrefour tomorrow to grab some fresh halal chicken, be it rain or shine..... Really feeling "cuckoo" nowadays, better not start clucking or else my roomie is gonna go call the psych dept. ;D


-pics were taken from various sources from the world wide web-

No comments: