March 11, 2008

Life's Painful Lessons

That's it, I am officially done...

No more wondering, no more restless nights, no more thinking about the what ifs, and no more hoping. I had thought that "This is it, he's the one"..... But oh boy, was I wrong. Again. How could something so right be so wrong? But then again, there's no one else to blame but me for being so gullible and trusting. Should've learned from past mistakes, need to be more ruthless now. Whoa, behold the female hulk!

I'M DONE. With everything that is related to the matters of the heart. No more, not anymore. Enough is enough. There's only so many times a person can take it, and as mine is as fragile as it is, I'd better withdraw from all this before it is shattered into pieces yet again. Okay, heart, I'm gonna take good care of you from now on, so please please please drum that happy beat of yours that I've missed for so long now.....

No, I am not giving up. But at the same time, I'm done hoping either. It is what it is, and life goes on. I need to be the captain of my own lifeboat if don't want it to be lost at sea ever again. Even if there's an emptiness inside that longs to belong to someone and that someone belongs to me, and even if the biological ticking is so loud that it is deafening, never again would I go through all this unless it's gonna be really worth it. Hmmm...looks like it's gonna be a long dreary summer.....



"Stronger"
I'll make it through the rainy days
I'll be the one who stands here longer than the rest
When my landscape changes, rearranges
I'll be stronger than i've ever been
No more stillness, more sunlight,
Everything's gonna be alright
I know that there's gonna be a change
Better find your way out of your fear
If you wanna come with me
Then that's the way it's gotta be
I'm all alone and finally
I'm getting stronger
You'll come to see
Just what I can be
I'm getting stronger
Sometimes I feel so down and out
Like emotion that's been captured in a maze
I had my ups and downs
Trials and tribulations,
I overcome it day by day,
Feeling good and almost powerful
A new me, that's what i'm looking for
I didn't know what I had to do
I just knew I was alone
People around me
But they didn't care
So I searched into my soul
I'm not the type of girl that will let them see her cry
It's not my style
I get by
See i'm gonna do this for me
-Sugababes-

No comments: