March 26, 2008

Another Day In Paradise...Not!

Wow, Surgery class was good. Had the chance to watch a laparoscopic cholecystectomy procedure carried out by our prof. Initial investigations showed only cholelithiasis, but during surgery they found out that the patient's gallbladder is filled with pus - empyema. Other than that he also had adhesions from previous abdominal surgery. Oh, and I think somebody is pissed with us because the prof seems to be paying more attention to us than their own kind. Hah, tough luck. Normally we will be sidelined but at least this time we rule! *laughs evilly*

Hmmmm....Was feeling a wee bit carniverous today, so it didn't take a lot of persuasion by Pinkie to have brunch at one of the halal joints near the uni during the break. Heavenly meat, alas. FYI this was my first proper meal in, oh, 4 days I think. Been surviving on fruits, chocolate bars, cereals and yoghurt these past few days. Too lazy and got no time to cook. Bad Melle, very bad...

Was and still am feeling baffled when friends and classmates started to come up to me and telling me that I've lost weight. I mean, come on, it can't be that I've lost that much kilos in one weekend, can it? Hmmmm....maybe it's due to the fact that there had been a fair amount of walking done in these past 2 months. Since it's a nice walk from home to the not-so-near hospitals and when the weather is superb, I much prefer to walk rather than taking the bus/tram. I guess those 20-30 minutes walk uphill/downhill really did me good, didn't it? But the funny thing was, I wasn't even trying to lose weight though I've wanted to but could not really do it in the past. Someone even made a remark saying that they noticed that I eat more when I'm depressed and less when I'm happy. Well, I guess it's true. And go figure, I am content nowadays. Content with my life, content with the fact that I am living the life that I've chosen for myself and doing the things that I wanted to. My life is my own to dictate, and I couldn't care less what others whom are so wholly unrelated to me want to say. The only thing that matters is that I value what the people that I love thinks, and that's what most important for me. Other than that, they can all go fly kites as far as I'm concerned... Hah!

Teddy didn't come to Urology class today. Hope he's ok. Am still in bemusement whenever I'm recalling yesterday's conversation with him. I was so touched when he asked me if things are ok and told me that he will do whatever he can do to help if only I asked for it. Said that he knew something was wrong at the beginning of the semester itself, but he didn't want to intrude. Awwww...so sweet... But, sorry Teddy, it was too personal to share it with you. Maybe one day, or, maybe never :)

Patch and Kruger made a remark in class that made me laugh. They told the prof that their friend, Bahlul, was absent. It was in jest of course, and the guy in question wasn't around. But the thing that was funny was that they thought no one else except for their own kind would understand the word. That's why when I first heard it I thought I had heard it wrongly, but when they kept repeating it I couldn't help myself and just burst out laughing! You should see the expressions on their faces when they realised I understood it. Haven't I told them like a million times that our language had incorporated their mother-tongue long long time ago? Talk about clueless, tsk tsk... Alamak, takleh nak ngumpat depan-depan diorang lah pulak lepas ni. Aiseymen... :(

Oh, and another thing, Pinkie and Brownie are considering to have a new hairdo and asked for my opinion. I told them to go for it if they really want to, but just make sure that they go to the right stylist to get the look that they want. Else it'll be a disaster. Mmmmm...well who knows, I might be considering cutting my hair too! But of course, it'll be done by none other than yours truly, as usual. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

No comments: