February 09, 2011

Date Night

What do you think about going on a blind date with your mom and the matchmakers in tow?

Awkward?

Yeah you bet.

Last night was a first for me. It was actually kinda funny if it wasn't darn uncomfortable. Being match-made and meeting the person for the first time is one thing; being match-made to someone that I would have never dreamed of ever viewing as a potential date is another.

What would a guy who has everything going on with royalty decorations from two states would wanna do with a simple gal like me??

Felt so awkward and tongue-tied that I ended up being quiet throughout the whole dinner. Thank the stars for mom, she sure has the knack to cover embarrassing situations.

A glance or two, and maybe a line or two of polite conversation. That's it. Nothing more.

No matter if the matchmakers feel that we could hit it off, wouldn't put too high hopes on the outcome. Could feel it in my bones; it's just not meant to be.

Sigh, poor mommy. She'll be disappointed...

3 comments:

Snuze said...

You're alive!!!

Nice to see you blowing the dust off of this blog of yours, sugar.

On the date night: awkward, much?

What was your mum and the matchmaker thinking when they came along? Sheesh. Poor you. Better date next time, hopefully.

I would be delighted if someone would make such effort to match me with someone, but it would definitely be weird to be chaperoned that way.

How have you been, bb? Ring, ring, okay?

evamy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
evamy said...

LOL sue, yeah i know. The dust was so thick I had to scrape it off. Noticed a couple of cobwebs at the corners too :D

Finally had something to write about. Life had been mundane with day to day stuff, nothing really interesting happened until the other night.

Well, awkward is such an understated word. Am sure they meant well by coming along, in fact I really thought that it was a good idea. But it still was weird because it was the first time in my life I felt that I was an object being paraded and showcased in front of a potential buyer. Although to be honest, my nervousness stem from the fact that I had (out of curiosity) googled him earlier and found out that he's a big shot royalty think tank! Urghhh, there goes my self-esteem down the drain...

But anyways, am not hoping for a miracle to happen. I would understand if there won't be any follow up call or date, I'm in no way in the same league as him. However, it wasn't all totally a waste, there's no harm in networking eh?

Will be leaving for Bali tomorrow, going on a vacay with mommy. Will ring you up when I'm back okay.