April 04, 2008

Aerobics Time!

Aerobics is a form of exercise that comprises rhythmic aerobic exercise with stretching and strength training routines with the goal of improving all elements of fitness (flexibility, muscular strength, and cardio-vascular fitness). It is usually performed to music in a group setting led by an instructor, although it can be practiced solo and without musical accompaniment. With the goal of preventing physical illness, practitioners go through variable routines comprising a number of different dance-like exercises.

Formal aerobics 'classes' led by aerobics instructors are often divided into beginner, intermediate and advanced classes, with different routines and fitness goals for each, and many aerobics classes allow participants to select their level of participation according to their fitness level. A primary reason for engaging in aerobics is weight loss. Although aerobics is typically practiced to music, it is not to be confused with jazzercise or other dance-based workouts.

The word Aerobics means "using oxygen". When you do an aerobic exercise, like Soccer, basketball, running, or Aerobics, you are breathing. The oxygen passes through your body, as opposed to using up the bodily storage like you do during Sprinting, or bench pressing. Eventually, the muscles are filled with lactic acid, which then takes rest to flush away.

(taken from wikipedia.org, the free encyclopedia and pic courtesy from the world wide web)



Yesssss!!! Finally managed to drag my butt to the gym yesterday and attended an aerobics class. It goes to show how long since I've been to one and how out of shape I was when at the end of the session I was trembling all over and my knees were shaking, literally! Brownie and I really had a good time though, and we decided to sign up for their classes. They have aerobics, step aerobics, tae bo and also pilates. As we walked back home after gym (though for me it felt more like "floating" home, that light I felt my body was), we talked about the possibilities of going to the pilates classes too for muscle stretching and strengthening. Well, maybe not this week or weekend though, but maybe starting next week onwards I definitely wanna explore the classes that they are offering there. And it did help a bit that the instructor was cute! :D

Oooohhh....it feels so good to do something that releases the endorphins, that makes nothing else matters (including the fact that I've been getting weird vibes from someone close and seems to make me feel invisible lately, dunno the reason why though *shrugs*). Oh well, I guess that's life. You can't please everybody and it's unrealistic to expect everyone else to follow your standards. But even so, a little bit of respect as friends and a little bit of give and take would be nice, don't you think? Maybe I am just too tired of playing head games, gossiping and discussing about trivial matters when there are other more important things that you have to deal with. Hmmm...guess I am a bit too old for these young and able bodied individuals here around me. Sometimes I just had to stop myself from shaking them and telling them to grow up! Patience, Melle, patience....Those would be the times that I had to reach down inside of me and reminded myself that maybe even I was that irksome and annoying when I was at their age. Though we all might go through the same things, we are all different, there's no two individuals that are alike. And if we find like-minded souls that understands us, then we would be truly truly blessed....

Uh oh, I've digressed. The point for this post was supposed to be about aerobics.

And so, I just wanna say.....

IT'S AEROBICS TIME, YEAH!!


No comments: