March 26, 2009

Flu-ish Weather

Demam
Selsema
Sakit kepala
Sakit badan

The weather is driving me up the wall! Surrounded by sneezy+coughy+feverish people ain't helping either. Barely recovering from last week's bout of stomach flu, now this. Sigh.....

It snowed yesterday. Came with winds and thunder all. Just when you thought that spring is finally here, then suddenly snowflakes started falling down from the sky. Was practically covered all white on my way back from class. It was cold, but thank God the temp was above 0 degrees, else I think my body temp will sharply incline making me tres tres sick again. But thankfully all the medication and fluids worked, and only remnants of a mild stuffed/runny nose is present.

Sudah-sudah lah tu, penat la sakit lama-lama nih. Really I tell you, gone lah my liver like this kalau asyik dok sakit and telan PCM sokmo. Isy.....

2 comments:

Snuze said...

Sweetie, if you got ginger, make yourself a cup of really strong ginger tea when the symptoms rear its ugly head. You can inhale the steam while waiting for it to cool enough to be drunk comfortably and that would ease nasal blockage and reduce inflammation of the snout. Dose yourself for at least three days.

But if you have already gotten runny nose, then it won't work so well. But at least it will help preserve your liver some from PCM. How about aspirin? The only side effect I don't like about aspirin is that it makes me hungry at all times of the day. :p

I can imagine the misery of a cold in cold weather. The dry air makes the snout bleed and just hurt and you just want to huddle under a blanket to breathe in some warm air.

Get well soon!

evamy said...

Merci beaucoup ma cherie...your advice have been faithfully followed, and could see it working a little. The block is only at night and the runs is during the day. Better lah sikit...

Yeah I know I should've taken aspirin instead of PCM, but my aspirin stock finish already, I've only Actifast and some normal PCMs. So I thot might as well I use them first before their expiry date, simpan lama-lama pun bukan ada pekdahnya, hehehe...

Can't wait for this blardy weather to make up it's mind; Spring or Winter. Till then I'm supplementing myself with Vitamin C, Iron and multivites plus plenty of fruits and water.

Hope this will pass soon. Damn tiring lah, sigh.....